Thank you to my sweet friend Deandra for this lovely award. I am enjoying the many “faces” of the Lieberman Award. You will definitely want to check out Deandra at Imago Dei, as you will be uplifted by her open discussion of life as she shares God’s love and grace.
- The Rules:
- 1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- 2. Share 11 facts about yourself.
- 3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
- 4. Nominate up to 11 blogger(s) and make them happy
- 5. Make up 11 questions and ask them to your nominees.
- 6. Notify your nominees
- 11 Facts about me
11 Facts About Me
- I am grateful for God who loves me no matter what.
- I am blessed to have family, friends, and community with which to share this incredible journey called life.
- I am encouraged by this community, as well as those I walk with that share love and honor of our amazing God of love.
- I am honored to be Nana to our 14-year-old grandson, who I am eternally grateful that he is a wonderful godly young man – again, how Good is our God!
- My husband and I just celebrated 43 years of a God blessed marriage. I have to say, it is completely incredible to walk this life with your soulmate. It takes work and thoughtfulness, not to mention commitment, intentionality and love with God right in the middle!
- I have the heart of a counselor – I love to see others realize the “God-hope” within, to see how valuable and blessed they truly are.
- Encouragement is my meat, and I love to give it.
- Writing is my go-to expression.
- I love, love, love, to laugh. Laugh at life, and find joy in the things that used to be stumbling blocks. (I hope my younger friends will find encouragement in this reality. You have much to look forward to).
- Gardening and interior design are hobbies I take up when I need to get unstuck.
- I believe life is a bowl of cherries, and the pits are growth opportunities.
Questions Asked of Me…
- 1. What Inspired you to start writing?
- Once I learned to write and find expression, I began by writing my prayers to God.
- 2. Do you listen to music while you write?
- Not really. I prefer the peace and quiet of home, and my backyard.
- 3. In two words or less, how would you describe your sense of Humour?
- Dry & Corny.
- 4. What is your favourite quote?
- Currently it is: “You will trust to the degree you know you are loved by Him.” Brennan Manning.
- 5. What are you reading at the moment?
- Books I’ve read before. Experiencing God is the primary one as it affords the opportunity for self-examination (ouch in a good way), and realigning self with my God of Love.
- 6. What do you wish you were better at?
- Always looking to God, keeping Him in the forefront of my life. He’s so incredibly worth all my time and thought and devotion.
- 7. If you could be on a talk show which one would you choose and why?
- Table Talk with Joni Lamb or Better Together with Laurie Crouch. Both are about walking out the Christian life.
- 8. What is your least favourite food? Chow Mein.
- 9. What meal or dish can you make really well?
- We like breakfast food and green salads, so that’s what I pretty much do anymore.
- 10. What is favourite thing to do when you have time by yourself?
- I enjoy quiet time to listen, to play worship music and dance with abandon, as well as read and write.
- 11. What is your favourite trip you took and why?
- Our trip to New Zealand was a joy because of the beauty, climate similar to ours, and the people there are lovely.
My questions to the nominees are the same as above. I encourage my nominees to participate if you can, as these awards are meant to encourage you as a person and a writer. Please know you made the list because I am blessed by your work.
From a Spark to a Flame Terri, I love your candor and humor about life in the “real” lane, I look forward to knowing more about you. Thank you for your contribution.
Mimi on Life Melissa, even though you are probably focused on your work as an author, I would love to learn more about you. I enjoy your writing so lively, personal, and encouraging.
Drawing Closer to Christ Dawn, you are an inspirational writer who brings encouragement and application of the Word at every turn. Thank you for enriching our community.
Beauty Beyond Bones Caralyn, you encourage wholeness for your readers as a woman who has experienced much and has God’s love to guide her. I hope you are able to participate, as I would enjoy getting to know you.
Again, thank you all for your contributions to our community, we are the richer for it. Blessings on your day ♥